Monday, September 10, 2007

St. Gabriel, patron of twisted pairs, fix my DSL...


So for almost two years, I haven't had to so much as reboot my DSL modem. I realize I'm lucky in this respect. I piggyback my DSL on my existing phone service through another provider, and the relationship has been great. I will admit that I would recommend speakeasy, even though I'm currently having problems.

They're shipping a new modem, so hopefully that will fix things. If that doesn't work, they'll ratchet up the pressure on my phone company. I'm tempted to dump my phone, get a prepaid cell, and just go bare DSL. It's not much more than what I'd be paying, if I upgraded my existing service. Any recommendations as to cell phone providers? I should probably get one, anyway, with as much travel as I do. I'm looking at prepaid plans, since I hardly use a phone.

You know, St. Gabriel the Archangel is the patron saint of telecommunications. I'm beginning to think he'd be faster than my ISP goading my telco into fixing the damn line. Maybe it's just coincidence, but I found a silly little novena to him. My DSL hasn't dropped yet...