Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Hello, wayward blog readers. I'm still here.

  1. Been busy. Like Liam, I'm stuck in work hell.
  2. Haven't had much interesting to write about lately.
  3. If you haven't seen season 3/29 of Doctor Who, you'll note that the spoiler tags went away. I figured since it had aired both in the UK and in the US that they were no longer necessary. If you're going back through my archives, don't complain to me if I spoil the ending of "Last of the Time Lords."
  4. There have been a few issues lately that have made blogging decidedly unfun. To some extent, we all create a persona when we're online. But the internet is also a harbor for mentally fragile people, who find support for their own distorted view. I've been online since 1993, when I started college, back in the days of DOC and Citadel BBSes. I assume people are putting forth that which they want me to see when they post here (everyone engages in some form of subterfuge online), but when I'm confronted with it (namely in the form of sockpuppets), that's clearly a cry for help. While I have sympathy for such people, I don't want to engage them here. I am not a therapist, and I can't provide the help they need.